Monday, May 3, 2010

more designs and HORRIBLE weather!!!

It has been a LONG weekend here in Northeast Mississippi!Tornadoes and flooding makes for a very unsettling weekend!We got out yesterday afternoon after things calmed down and it was terrible!I have NEVER seen anything like the damage done by the tornado!Houses with roofs gone, trailers GONE, an empty lot where a house once was, timberland destroyed, road signs twisted, refrigerators and other household appliances in trees or nowhere remotely close to a home, insulation everywhere,etc.....Just horrible.I did take a few pictures with my phone but they do NOT capture the destruction!You see it on TV and its almost surreal but this was very real!I have a friend whose house was in the path, luckily they where not home and her home is intact!However her yard doesn't have a tree left, but I know she can live without those!They width of the destruction seemed VERY wide and the Tornado stayed on the ground for a really LONG way!I haven't heard a length of the path yet.The National Weather Service was there yesterday afternoon.There where two lives lost.....Flooding is also really bad!School here was cancelled for today.As of 5:00 yesterday 2,500 in Tippah County where without power!Those lineman have been working VERY hard and long hours and we all appreciate it!The outages have gone from 6,000 to the 2,500!Please remember all those affected in your prayers!

I was able to load the 8 new designs to www.appliquemomma.com Saturday morning while there was a little calmness!Shortly after I unplugged the computer(machines have been unplugged since Friday night)!I always unplug the big stuff during bad weather!I have had several emails about how I store and catalog my designs.Every time I purchase a design I download it immediately after my purchase(I don't wait for the email.I download after I am redirected.).I put all my designs on a 16gb flash drive/jump drive.I have folders for each site .This helps when I am buying designs and can't remember if I already purchased something.So if I am on Applique Cafe and think did I or didn't I get that one last time I just go to my AC  file and look!This has helped me alot!And it doesn't fill my hard drive up with designs!However I have still duplicated a few designs!I suppose I didn't look hard enough!Also if your computer crashes you still have ALL of your designs!I think this is the best way I have found!I use to put them on the computer and then backup with a cd but you can only put so many on a disc and my children have scratched several of mine so flash drive is my suggestion to all of you!And if you have a design addiction like I do all those designs can slow your computer down!I have also had several emails about the new  CUTE designs I tested for www.embroidery-boutique.com.I believe Rachel is working on loading those this morning!So if you where wanting those I think they will be available sometime today!And her designs are 60% off right now!Mine are still 50% off until Wednesday AND www.appliquecafe.com com has a promo going to:get $10 off your purchase of $30!Great sales so go stock up!!!

Finally here are the new designs available on www.appliquemomma.com








Another one that would be great for all you Alabama fans!


This is another one I did and sold previously on Etsy!I had forgotten about it until I got an email from someone who had been looking through my archives and saw it on a bib and wanted to know where I came from.So I sewed out another sample and here it is!


I was actually working on this one when I got a request for one!They also want one in a cup so I am currently working on that too!


Another request...I did this one in the red and blue since the 4th will be here before we know it and I have already had tons of request for designs!I haven't came up with much for the 4th yet?I personally like to just use anytime designs and do them in the red and blue like I did here.There is only so much you can do for the fourth?Embroidery Boutique has a super cute fire cracker already.If you have any suggestions for designs for the 4th I would love to hear them!I think Rosemary may be working on a few for the 4th too.So check Applique Cafe for some too!

No comments:

Post a Comment