Thursday, April 29, 2010

been a while!

Wow!It has been a while and it seems like so much had happened since my last post!Several new designs, a 50% off sale on www.appliquemomma.com, and who knows what else!This is a busy time of year.Also keeping up on Face Book and a website and a blog can be a bit overwhelming at times!I also tested 8 new designs for Embroidery Boutique yesterday.They are all super cute

Designs New to Applique Momma Since Last Post

Cake on Stand Applique Design
This one would be great for birthdays!I like the solid colors on it but I always have trouble with this fabric because it is so thin and sometimes doesn't want to lay flat even with the Heat N Bond lite but I have found my solution!It is a little bitty craft iron!I got it in the craft section at Wal Mart for like $10.00.I do all my fabric steps and cut them out and before I do the satin stitch I go ahead and iron it with the craft iron.I like the craft iron because it fits inside the hoop!So now my fabric is already adhered to my shirt or other item and I have NO puckering what so ever!I highly recommend that you all get one of these ASAP!


Candy Applique Design
This design was one I did with a friend who has the same software I do.She is wanting to learn how to digitize and take advantage of her software so she came over one day and brought her laptop and we played!I chose this one because it is fairly simple to do because there is only one color and no overlaps.She caught on very fast.I think she is playing around with some things.I am not sure if she will start a site or anything but she does want to learn!

Caterpillar Applique Design
This is one of my favorites!I had a request for a caterpillar and directed that person to Applique Cafe because Rosemary has a SUPER cut caterpillar too.I came across this one shortly after that and decided to do it.I was pleased with the turn out.I also LOVE all Fabric Finders fabric and I got to use 5 different ones on this one design!There are severl steps on this one but they are all simple!

Elephant Footprint Applique Design
This one was a suggestion and one of my best ones yet I might add.I have TONS of customers from Alabama so this one has been a hit so far!It is different that a lot of Alabama things I have seen!GREAT for any Alabama fan!My mother even wants this one on a shirt!
Clutch Purse Applique Design
I have had tons of request for purses and I thought this one was different.I also added the hearts in the fill stitch and I thought that gave it something extra!This one would be great to add a name too!

Platform Heel Applique Design
This is one I had done a while back and sold on Etsy and had people ask me to list it on the site so I did.I also add the heel without the cherry to this one!So it is like two designs for the price of one!


Ring Applique Design
This one is actually one of my husband suggestions!Of course I had to do it since he drew out how it should look and everything!He has been so supportive of me and designing!A few days after I did this one my diamond fell out of my engagement ring!I crawled around my house for an hour!Finally found it though!One of my prongs was broken!I wear it all the time and am constantly bumping it.I am not sure why the prong was completely gone!I am just glad I was at home AND found it!!!



Yesterday afternoon I spent the afternoon testing new designs Rachel from Emboidery Boutique will be listing very soon.And here they are!She has a cowgirl/cowboy theme going as well as few others.These will all be available on Rachel's site www.embroidery-boutique.com very soon!So here they are!








These are all super cute!I used alL Fabric Finders fabrics on these so these should be fairly simple fabrics to find!You can check the Fabric Finders web site for a store close to you.Some places sell it online too.I get most of mine from Heirlooms Forever in Tupelo.However I found another shop called Calico Rose in Florence, Alabama that has almost all the prints they make.And if they don't they can probably get it since FF is in Florence!It is a 90 mile trip for me but was well worth it!I still LOVE Heirlooms though and ALL the ladies there are great.So if you live near Tupelo Heirlooms Forever is the place and if you live near Florence Calico Rose is your place for Fabric Finders!Oh and when I was in Calico Rose the neatest thing happened!I was "recognized"!Not me but the shirt Corbin was wearing!The girl working there said "I know who you are you're Applique Momma"!It was actually kind of faltering!HA!I am going to try to do better on my postings too!Hopefully I can fit in two a week!





No comments:

Post a Comment