Friday, April 2, 2010

I listed five more designs last night!I am having WAY too much fun with this!I LOVE gingham as you may have noticed in my samples!It seems timeless and classic.And when you use several ginghams on one design it gives customers lots of options for matching.I buy all my ginghams at Heirlooms Forever in Tuplelo, MS.If you live around Tupelo you should really check them out!My last two machines also came from there.They carry Brother, Viking/Huskvarna, Bernina, and maybe another one?The have embroidery machines, sewing machines, and sergers.They also have quilting things but I know nothing about those!Yes all that on top of great high quality fabric!If you are not in the area most of the nicer ginghams and tri-checks are made by Fabric Finders.You can go to the their site and search for a local dealer near you!I also buy some of my fabrics such as Michael Miller, Amy Butler, Janine Morrison, and Riley Blake(just to name a few)on Etsy.I have had several questions about fabric and how I make my stuff lay so flat.I hope that helps with the fabric!

I make my things lay flat by using HEAT N BOND lite.I can not work with out it or my Sulky KK 2000 sticky spray.You can get the Heat N Bond lite almost anywhere;craft stores, fabric stores, Wal Mart, etc...Make sure you get Heat N Bond LITE!Regular heat n bond is NOT for sewing!I get my Sulky KK 2000 at JoAnn Fabric and Crafts and I try to wait until they have it half off and then I stock up!Sign up for their emails and you will know when all the sales are as well as get coupons almost every email!I use to use 505 spray as my sticky spray.It is a good spray but I do prefer the KK 2000.The KK 2000 seems to have a better texture and leaves less of a residue.Also how flat your fabric lays has a great deal to do with STABALIZER!I use medium weight cutaway most of the time.I also use two layers of heavy weight tear away from time to time.I finish off the back of my shirts with florianna dream weave(I order it from Ken's Sewing center) or Sulky's cover a stitch.Lately I have been using more of the cover a stitch because it has been staying on better through the washings.I like to use different products on our things to test them.I had done my son several shirts a while back and I used both products and the cover a stitch has not started to peel yet but the florianna dream weave  is trying to roll up.I may get flooded with emails of arguments on this one.I am just saying in my personal experience this is what is working for ME!I hope this info helps some of you as well as answer many of the emails I have gotten over the past few days.

I have also been getting lots of emails asking if I take request for design.I would LOVE to hear all your suggestions for applique designs.I really need some good suggestions for the girls that there are not already tons of!I am working on the about as fast as I am getting them.However I do not do custom digitizing or logos.That is not something I wish to get into at this point.I will gladly do my best to fulfill all your request for applique designs that I will sell on my web site.Here are my latest designs available at http://www.appliquemomma.com/.I was thinking ice cream yesterday since it was 80 degrees here in North Mississippi yesterday!YEAH!I love the warm weather!Oh and I also dis a few samples for Embroidery Boutique the other day so hopefully she will list new designs as soon as she is feeling better!Rachel is also working on a new site that will I am sure be amazing!I also noticed on Face Book this morning Applique Cafe has some SUPER cut sports designs to be listed soon!

You can click on each tittle to be taken directly to AppliqueMomma to purchase these designs!





I have also had questions about how Applique Momma is doing.It is doing ok since this is my first week!I would love to get more customers but I am not sure how to get my name out there.Hopefully it will pick up!

No comments:

Post a Comment