Tuesday, April 6, 2010

FOUR new designs listed!!

I just listed my FOUR new designs on Applique Momma!I am still really enjoying the designing aspect!My sales seem to be steady.Not going up and not going down.I would really like for them to increase but I will take what I can get!
I had a few emails after my last post about the heat n bond lite.I accidentally deleted one email that specifically asked about the fabric not wrinkling.I am sorry and hope I can answer your question here.I use medium weight cutaway.I turn my shirt inside out and place the Sulky medium weight cutaway on the back of the shirt with my Sulky KK2000.I then turn it back right side out.Then I fold the shirt in half length wise and crease with the iron to get my center point and this also gives me a good line to position the hoop.I always measure from center to the outer edge of the shirt to make sure my line is in the center.I then hoop.I prepare my fabric with the heat n bond lite, spray with the KK2000 and give a good press with my hands and rub outward in all directions.I then finish the applique.After finishing the applique I iron over it(I place a piece of thin fabric over the applique) to adhere the heat n bond lite and fabric to the shirt.This process has cut down on the "wrinkling" of the fabric that I get so many question about.I do occasionally get wrinkling but with the swipe of an iron it is gone.Another thing that helps if you know you want to dry your item is to pre-wash so that any shrinking is already done.I do recommend that applique items be hung to dry.That way there is no shrinking and as most of you know everything looks better if it isn't dried!I also use Woolite or Tide total care on all of our clothes.They just seem to stay brighter with either of the two.

I have been asking for design suggestion and have gotten several great ones!Alot of them are things that are already out there so I have to find art that is DIFFERENT from what is already out there!I am trying to do all the request but I am trying to do the ones I have the most of first.I had tons of request for bathing suits and flip flops!The bathing suits weren't that challenging since there are not that many of those out there.However the flip flops where since Embroidery Boutique and Applique Cafe both have really cute ones already!I had bought some art a while back that I forgot about that had the flip flops I did in it!I think they are different enough?
I got this great polks dot fabric at JoAnn Fabric and Crafts.
I am pretty sure it is a JoAnn exclusive since that is what is on the side of the fabric.I think it is too cute!
This fabric is one of the Fabric Finders Tri-Checks.I LOVE ALL fabric finders fabric.It feels really nice and works great on appliques!I added a few bows to make the bikini cutter.I just make a bow and attach it with one of the tiny safety pins.Bows add to any design!

I used another tri-check fabric finders print on this design.On this one I did not put fabric in the two holes but instead I cut the hole out completely even the shirt and stabilizer.Then I put a piece of medium weight cut away behind the hole and then did the satin stitch and after it is finished I ran a piece of ribbon through the holes and tied a bow!I did this one one with out art or drawing!I just played around with lines until I got what I was envisioning!I was looking at a pair of one of the boys ChezAmi  swim shorts too!

And here are my flip flops!I think they are different enough but still very cute!These as well as all of these designs would be great for beach towels!Turn a regular towel into a custom beach towel by adding an applique and name!Beach towels make GREAT graduation gifts too.I have several customers who give monogrammed beach towels every year.I have been doing them for a very special woman, friend, and teacher for many years now.She always gets for all the seniors in her church as well as any others she knows graduating and beach towels are a rater inexpensive but great gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment