Friday, May 14, 2010

Blogging Slum!AND new designs!

I think I have been in a blogging slum?Or just to busy to sit down long enough to do it!I received several emails after my post on the tutorial!So glad to help some of you out!And thanks for letting me know I did.It sometimes helps to get those emails!I know then I am actually helping people and not talking to myself!HA!I got several emails about my little craft iron.I got mine at WalMart for $10.00.I was also at Hobby Lobby yesterday and noticed they had them also for $10.00.I am sure any craft store has them.Also my double curved scissors are made by Havel's and I got those at Heirloom's Forever in Tupelo.I actually have like six pair of them!Heirlooms Forever also has a website www.sews.com I do also have a pair of the Gingher 4" curved blade scissors but I prefer the Havel's just because they fit MY hand better.They seem to be to thick for me but we are all different!The Heat n Bond LITE can be found at almost all craft stores and WalMart.I usually get mine in the packaged roll at WalMart simply because it is cheaper there.At the craft stores it is $10plus and at WalMart it is a little over $6.00.As for stabilizer I like medium weight cutaway because I do mainly shirts.I don't have a brand preference.I usually use Sulky or OESD just because it is what I can run get at my local places.I buy my Sulky KK2000 at JoAnn Fabric and Crafts.It is the only place I have found that keeps it in stock!Now next time I go they won't have any.They also have 50% off sales on it from time to time and I literally buy EVERY can on the shelf when they do!I can not function with out it!I think I answered all question that I received? Anyway I hope I did!
I have also listed new designs on the site!A few for the Fourth and some more beachy ones.Speaking of the beach:I sure hope the get that oil leak in the Gulf fixed!!!!!Here are the newest designs!Hope you all like them!Go get yours at www.appliquemomma.com.Oh and Rachel will be adding some new designs to Embroidery Boutique very soon!!!I tested them the other day and they are adorable!
Liberty Bell Applique Design
On this one I used a Fabric Finders Tri-Check and small gingham.
I did get a few emails about where I buy ginghams.I get mine at Heirlooms Forever in Tupelo.You can also order it from there website www.sews.com or got the the Fabric Finders web-site and search for a shop near you that has it!



Shooting Star Applique Design
Great for the Fourth!



Star Applique Design
Another good one for the Fourth!
And more gingham.To me you just can't go wrong with ginghams and it comes in every color under the rainbow!It also seems so timeless and classic to me!



USA Applique Design
This one was a request and of course GREAT for the Fourth!



Delivery Van Applique Design
I think this one is adorable and very versatile.The oval comes blank so you can add whatever words you would like!Make it a mail van, milk van, flower van, etc... OR add a name in the oval!



Truck Applique Design
This is one of my favorites.It is just a classic little truck for the boys!This is also a Fabric Finders Tri-Check!



Castle Applique Design
This was actually drawn with the intentions of being a sand castle but after I had sewn it out I thought it would be could for an anytime castle if you use different colors!Love a design that can be used in several ways!



Duckie Float Applique Design
Great Beach Towel Design!This is a Michael Miller fabric that I ordered from an Etsy shop.I also love Etsy for fabric!They have tons of shops that has all the good stuff and many of them will do custom orders for 1/4s and all you applique people know 1/4 goes a LONG way!



Beach Pail and Ball Applique Design
I LOVE this one!I does have several steps but they are fairly easy!Also a great beach towel design!I think I am going to put it in the corner or a shirt and of course make matching gingham shorts or seersucker?The seersucker I buy is also made by Fabric Finders! OK I should count the number of times I have said Fabric Finders!Maybe I should see about being a spokesperson or something!LOL!



Lifeguard Float Applique Design
I also love polka dots!I have this print in almost every color!I found these at my local Hancock Fabrics.



Sun Applique Design
I think this one would be glad to add an initial to!

And here are the new designs Rachel has created for Embroidery Boutique.LOVE them all!


Eiffel Tower Aplique Design



Tea Cup Applique Design
Is this not cute or what!


Dress Form Applique Design
Love it!


Princess Dress Applique Design
I think I kind of had a theme thing going with the fabric choices!All the swirly prints are made by Moda.



Cowboy Boot Applique Design
This one goes with all the other cute cowboy/girl designs!


No comments:

Post a Comment