Sunday, January 31, 2010

Almost finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My last post was on my peg boards.I had just started my project at that time.A few days after that post I decided I wasn't happy with the way things where turning out!I also got a message from Rosemary saying that June Taylor made a thread stand for the taller spools/cones of thread.I really like the idea of thread stands better than pegs so off to JoAnn I went!They happened to have their thread storage 40% off so I lucked out!I ended up with 5 of them which was all they had!They took up a little more room than my pegs since I had two spools of thread on each peg so I had to get another peg board.I put it on the other side of my window above my cubicles that I put my appliqué fabric in.I also got a few extra peg boards to go in a few closets including the closet where I keep my bigger pieces of fabric and ribbon and who knows what else.I hope to get it done soon and will post pictures asap!It may be a little while before I get to it!It seems spring fever has started up and I am getting busy again.I have also tested quite a few designs for Embroidery Boutique over the past few days!I am sure she will have them listed soon and I will post some pictures of the designs soon also!I have had a few emails with questions about the peg boards and what I used so I will do my best to explain what I used for each thing under the pictures!
I found my thread stands at Jo Ann fabric and crafts and I hung them one two 4 inch pegs.The stands with the taller pegs hold 33 spools and I have one with shorter pegs and it holds 60 spools.
I plan to hang my serger thread and regular sewing thread on the empty stand.I just havent gotten to that yet!
I have several of these baskets hung just too throw things in!I got them at WalMart and I hung them with some pegs that are slightly angled.I got those from WalMart in an assortment pack that had several kinds of pegs and a few small baskets.The little red baskets as well as the clear jar also came in this package.

My smaller embroidery machine and my serger are now both on the table in front of the peg boards.
I like the bigger machine on the desk because it is sturdier!
A little problem I have!I tend to throw my clipped threads in the floor even though I have a garbage can right there!
I hung my third peg board over my cubicles I mentioned in an earlier post.

I hung my hoops, stabilizers, scissors, and whatever else on this board!The small basket on the far left also came in the combo pack I found at WalMart.
I hung my hoops on a 6 inch double peg that also came in the combo pack.I hung the stabilizers on 6 inch single pegs that I found at Lowe's.They are also available in various lengths and are sold by the single piece.
I also hung my scissors on the 6 inch pegs.

I put more stabilizer and my sticky spray in these hanging baskets that I found at WalMart.They came in a package of three and are three different sizes.You can see the smallest one in one of the above pictures.All the supplies I got at WalMart where found in the hardware section.


No comments:

Post a Comment